Tuesday, June 9, 2009

SuMMeR dAys



It's not officially summer for me yet. I still have a couple of days left of work before I am off for the summer. Rex and I both took Monday off and took a spur of the moment trip to Huntington Beach. We hit the road early Saturday morning. When we arrived we actually spent the day at Newport Beach, then checked into out hotel, that was right on Huntington Beach. We spent the day Sunday taking a drive up the coast, eating at the famous Pinks Hot Dogs in LA, and we went to a Dodger game that night. Monday, we spent a couple of hours on the beach before heading home. We had a really nice time and the weather was fantastic.
Newport Beach
These guys set up this sno-cone stand right in fron of us at Newport beach...funny...they had a little generator to run the ice shaver and everything.Lunch @ "Pinks" Hot Dogs. You should have seen the line! Popular place!

Us @ Dodger staduim. They played the Phillys. The Dodgers lost. Last day @ the beach. Time to go home ....

6 comments:

Mama Groke said...

You guys do a lot of fun things together--clue word is together. That is the way a marriage should be. You make me proud Love ya, Paula and Rex. Good to see you at the reunion. Deanna

Lindsey said...

ummmm dads ghostly glare is scaring me. now i know what i used to look like b4 i spurged for a tanning pass. i can never go back to being the white devil... looks like a good time. hope you had fun. ive always wanted to go to newport!

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

OK seriously you two empty nesters, you have more fun than any two people that I know!!! Besides being brave enough to take off for parts unknown...Looks like fun, fun, fun, I would love to go to pinks, yum yum!!!

Janna said...

Nothing better than beach and warm weather. Looks like fun!!

Steph said...

How fun! I need to get to the beach......

Claudine said...

I love the header at the top of your page. Beautiful!!! Glad you could get away for some fun in the sun. The girls said you are coming up this week end. I hope they know of what they speak. Love YA.