Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Where's the Beef?

I spent the week in Utah last week. One of the things I did was can beef. I know....sounds weird- but this is something I learned @ my Cooking with the Chicks group. (thanks Connie) Dad was there also. He was helping with the pressure cookers. He set up his camp chef out on the back patio and we put the pressure cookers out there. For the most part, this is a really easy thing to bottle, and although I have not tried it yet...I'm told it is delish!
If there is one thing I can always count on it is having Mom there to help with things like this. A I get older, these are things that I am wanting to learn more about and she is always willing to help me. We had a good time and I think we got 47 or 48 pints done that day.


Filling the pints with the beef.


Mom - making sure the tops are clean so the lids will seal.


They are ready to pressure cook.

Dad, making sure they stay at the proper pressure.

All done - pulling them out to cool.

Side note...another thing Mom and I did. Look at this beautiful wheat bread. Yummy!

7 comments:

Mama Groke said...

look, I don't want to look, I want to taste. Wow that looks good. You're Mom told me she would get me the recipe, but I haven't gotten it yet. Hey, Paula, did you know you can also bottle hamburger. Great for when you want a fast taco, but don't want to take the time to cook the meat. Glad to see you doing this kind of thing. I think it is becoming a lost art. Loves ya, Deanna

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Good looking beef and good lookin bread!! Sounds like a fun time in Utah..........

Claudine said...

Glad you posted about that day. I have been waiting. I sent your photos last night and I'm not sure they went through. Let me know if you got the ones you took at the garden and of the humming bird.

Mosley family said...

wow, looks like fun! I got some updates on my blog for you!

Lindsey said...

thanks for leaving me some beef. it is kind of intimidating when you look at it... but im not gona lie when i ate it, it made my taste buds dance! love you

Mosley family said...

The free vacation..
primmspecials.com

click on freecation

Janna said...

I've done this before. Chicken and turkey are also good canned this way. Let me know when you do it again. I would love to do it with you.