Thursday, May 21, 2009

Birthday Cake, Coconut Oil & Pine Trees


It was a really fun couple of days...in the middle of the week no less! It was my birthday on Tuesday and after work, Rex and I ventured over to the "other" side of town. We got a room at the Green Valley Ranch Hotel for the night. It was a really nice little get away for a change. We really did not do anything...but that was the point. The pool there is beautiful. It has a beach entry at one end, sand and all. We just lounged around there for the afternoon and evening. Then we went to dinner and after dinner we walked around at the District. It's a neat place, but the shops are a little snooty. It was a nice little walk after dinner. While we were walking, we passed The Cheesecake Factory-had to stop in for a piece of vanilla bean cheesecake with warm Carmel topping-to go. That was my kind of birthday cake!


We spent the next morning at the pool again. After we checked out, we stopped at Lucille's Bar-b-q for lunch. That evening, after we got home and unpacked, we took the motorcycle for a ride up Mt. Charleston. It was a beautiful evening and nice and cool. As you can see from the picture, I had to put a jacket on. What a difference a few miles up the mountain can make. It was a really nice couple of days.

We took a little walk up a path on one of our "pit-stops"

Ahhhh....the smell of fresh mountain air.

8 comments:

Jessika said...

bbbaahhahahahaha you weren't lying about the motorcycle! mom i still cant picture being a harley momma. hahahahaha. Happy birthday again though. 9 years til the big 5 0. wahoo! love you momma

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

What a pair of harley hogs!!! You look good on that thing, I suppose now you will turn into a biker chick instead of a cooking chick...

oldcowboy said...

Paula,
Happy Birthday again! I remember the day you were born. I had been on a ride with Carol, Mom, Daddy Pace over to Bryce Canyon. When we got home we got a call from your dad saying that Claudine had a new baby girl. We were all so excited. I loved the name they picked for you and it has been fun to watch you grow up to be a fantastic, mother, woman and neice. I am always proud to be your Uncle. See you at the family reunion on Saturday.

Uncle B

Claudine said...

Harley? What's this all about? Sounds like you had a good birthday. No wonder we could never get ahold of you.

Janna said...

So is the Harley yours or his? What a great way to get away....close to home, yet far away! Happy Birthday again! See you this weekend!

Steph said...

Awww Happy Birthday! I could SOOOOO go for a piece of cheesecake right now! Too bad I dont have any and its 11:30, bummer!

Deanna said...

Paula, I just want to say that I think you and Rex do a wonderful job at keeping your marriage together. You are always doing fun things together. This empty nester thing isn't sooo bad is it. I think I am going to call my daughter that also lives in LV and have her read your blog. I think she should go try this hotel/motel out.
It was good seeing you at the reunion. Rex, sorry I didn't know you at first--but I still love you.
Happy Birthday PSK. Deanna

knap said...

Hey, you harley folks look's like fun, we will keep our eyes out for you now that you have become Harley people, What a fun ride for you.