Sunday, April 19, 2009

To Be 20 Again.....


Birthday Girl!

Today is Jessika's 20th birthday. She came down for the weekend. We started celebrating on Friday night. We kind of have a family tradition, on a birthday or anniversary, we love to treat ourselves to Austin's Steakhouse. Since Monday is our anniversary and today is Jessika's birthday we all went the dinner at Austins on Friday night. On Saturday, Jessika and I went and did a little shopping, then on Saturday night she went out with her friends. Today, Rex cooked dutch oven chicken for her. We also had twice baked potatoes, green salad, fruit and scones. Not to mention the sweet "funfetti" cake I made for her. She invited her good friend Hannah and the Jones' over to eat with us. It was a beautiful day to eat outside and enjoy the yummy meal. I love You Jess--Happy Birthday!


Check out this professionally decrorated cake...nice huh?

Rex-master chicken and scone maker.


Michelle, Sammie, and Skylar ( do you think she's having fun?)

Hannah and Jessika

"Sisters"

Mom and her Girls. No more teenagers.....i think that's a good thing.

9 comments:

Claudine said...

Darling photos, Paula. Oh to be 20 again is right. Sounds like Jess had a good one. We'll be glad to have her back here. Maybe she'll stop by tonight.

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

How cute can you be. I love the pics. It was so nice to see Jess and I got to see her and Linds for a few minutes on Friday. They are great. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary.

Jessika said...

Thanks for a good weekend momma! I always love coming home! And yes..the funfetti cake was sweet! Love you and Happy Anniversary today.

knap said...

Hey, Happy Birthday Jessica, and Happy Anniversary Rex and Paula,Sounds like you had a real nice time, and yes what I would give to be 20 again...... It is nice that she is not that far away that she can come home often....

The Roundy Bunch

Erin Ganley said...

Jessika's cake looks exactly like the one I "decorated" for Joe last week for his birthday! By the way, you look way too good for having "grown women" for children- (you too Rex!)

Janna said...

Happy Anniversary (yesterday)!!
Can't believe she is 20. Wow, she was 3 when I met her. You have beautiful girls. Love you ALL!!

oldcowboy said...

Happy Birthday Jessika! Heck I wish I could be forty again..This year its the big Hawaii 50 for me....Where has the time gone Paula? You have two great kids and they have two great parents.

Love ya

Uncle Brent

Steph said...

Happy BIrthday Jessika. Kaseys favorite is funfetti too! Nice and easy for me. I added you to my list, cause I love reading about all your adventures. (hope thats ok!)

Elder Hinrichsen said...

20?!?!?! I can't believe it. Where does the time go? I love the pictures. we love your family!