Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tapioca Pudding and Milkshakes

I was invited to go out with the girls on Friday night. Vicki asked me on Thursday and I was all for it. When I got home from work on Friday I was sorta draggin'. I went back and forth about going. Well, I did decide to go. The plan was to see the movie New In Town. I guess somebody at the flower shop had been telling Vicki there was a character in the movie that was her to a tee. The way she talked and everything. She told her if she had been at the casting they would have just given her the part on the spot. This is kinda funny because come to find out, the movie takes place in Minnesota and Vicki is from Montana. (i think she had lead Vicki to believe it took place in her home state)
Well, we ended up going to the Aliante. We decided to eat first. I think Vicki was disappointed we did not eat at the ORIGINAL Pancake House--she almost had a heart attack when she seen the sign for one. We ate at the Mexican Place then to the movie.

It was a really fun night-and come to find out--Vicki and Blanche really are one in the same. (Vicki just needs to work on her Minnesotian accent a bit). I was really glad I went-we had some good laughs.

Side Note: If you see the movie, you will know what the tapioca pudding in the title means.

Julie, Vicki, Suzie, Michelle and Me
Vicki and Suzi trying to hide behind their napkin

Saturday rolled around and about 5:00 Rex asked me if I want to got see LaReve at the Wynn. Sure, why not--a date with my hubby--I was quite excited. The show started at 7:00 so we quickly got dressed at headed out. The show was amazing. There are so many things to look at you almost feel like you are missing things. There are things going on above you-in the center of the "stage" then there are these entrance things at three different areas with actors coming and going. We both really enjoyed the show. We skipped dinner because we both were not very hungry before and so on the way home we stopped for a milkshake. It was a great weekend.
Another side note: After 3 failed attempts at a self portrait of us at LeReve, I gave up.

5 comments:

Janna said...

Loved the movie.

knap said...

Look's like a fun night in all. I will have to go see that movie now.

Jessika said...

2 nights out on the town in a row?? arent you getting too old for that? good thing you had sunday to recover. sounds like you had fun. miss you momma

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Ok, Enrique did good with the pictures,and seriously, I have to take exception to the whole Blanche thing. Her hair is waaaay more stylish than mine!!! Beyond that however, great company and a fun time. Thanks!!!

Claudine said...

guess I'll have to go to the movie. It sounds good. You're pretty lucky to have two dates in one week end. Good for you!