Friday, February 6, 2009

Remember When....

Ker-Plunk
Gnip-Gnop
Parcheesi
Stratego
Slinki-I could never keep that thing form getting tangled!
Do you remember these old games? I got a catalog the other day that had all these games from my childhood in it. I had forgotten about some of them. We used to play Ker-Plunk at Grandma and Grandpa Princes. I just got thinking about all the things you forget about until something sparks your memory. These were the good old games-no plugs or electronics involved at all. Does anyone remember any of the other games you used to play when you were a kid? I really does make you smile just to think about them. Try it!!
Please write in the comments what you remember...it may jog my memory about some more games and make me smile some more.

7 comments:

Claudine said...

I like the new background and the cool family photo. Where was it taken? I'll try to think of some games. The ones I can think of are so old that you wouldn't even know what I am talking about. Mom

oldcowboy said...

In my generation it was Candy land, Operation, Sorry and Straego. This may be a little ahead of your era.

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Okay, good family photo, and I'll bet it didn't take 16 tries to get it either!!!! Slinky, those were the best, if you had big stairs in your house, you could spend the whole afternoon. One of our favorite games from long ago, was Bug Out! You put this bug in the center of the square and four people one on each side, had a long hook and you reached through your hole in the square trying to be the first one to pull it out. So much fun...

(Okay that was me that deleted, because I got my words all out of order, oops!)

Rex and Paula said...

The family pic was taken at the Belligo Christmas before last. Brent, I remember all those games. Operation used to drive me crazy. I could never get those "parts" out without lighting up the nose.

Jillyn Whitehead said...

There was this game called Mr. Mouth. It would spin while opening and closing its mouth and you would flip these flat colored pieces into the mouth. Once, when I was about 9, I even played strip Mr. Mouth. It's all been down hill from there...

Janna said...

We got gnip-gnop for ashby last year for Christmas. It is alot of fun. Then while we were visiting my sister and her fam in NC, they introduced us to stratego. My kids can't stop talking about it. And of course the famous, ever tangling slinky....we go through several of them every year. I have gotten pretty good at untangling them but they are never the same once they have been tangled.