Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Hobby

Valentines weekend we went to Utah. It was a nice trip-we had not been up since Christmas (I think that is a record for us). While we were there my sis-in-law Janna and I made some jewelry. It all started when Jessika and I were in SLC this past December. We stayed with Brandon and Janna and Janna taught us to make jewelry. I made a necklace and I get so many compliments on it. It is pretty cute! Well, I am sort of addicted now. I knew they would be at my parents the same weekend we were going to be up there so I asked her to bring her supplies. We spent the good part of the evening creating some way cute stuff. I had gone to Michael's here in Vegas and purchased my beads and stuff, she shopped in St. George. Turns out, we purchased some of the same beads-just in different colors. Well, I made 2 necklaces and a bracelet, and she made a watch, 2 necklaces and a bracelet. I am so excited to learn this new skill-not only is it fun, but you have some pretty neat stuff to show for it when you are done. Thanks Janna-for teaching me. Can't wait to make more.



These are my 2 necklaces and bracelet

This is Janna's jewelry. She made my mom a necklace and herself the necklace, bracelet, and a watch.

5 comments:

knap said...

Cute, Now you need to come up with a name like Lia Sophia, Oh just want to remind you about the party on tuesday night, at 6:00 p.m. I will remind you as it get's closer by Email or phone. Cute Jewlery keep up the good work then you can open your own store....

Nicole

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Okay, wow!!! I was going to comment on your cute jewels at church today and forgot all about it. I am way impressed knowing you made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!!! and thanks for giving me the one up, I love the FAMILY thing on blog and the cute lettering.... Now I am behind again!!!

Janna said...

It was a lot of fun and relaxing! Thanks for doing it with me. I just have to remember to wear it. btw, I thought you would think this is funny....I started going through some of my things in my craft room the other night and I found 3 shopping bags full of beads that I had forgotten that I bought. We could have had way more fun if I would have brought them down too! Oh well, more for next time! And I still can't believe we bought the same beads to use that night...

Lindsey said...

I am not even going to comment about the blog... i am just in SHOCK.... SHOCK i tell you that Gramnda wasn't the first to comment you, let alone hasn't even commented you YET. GET ON IT GRAMS!

Claudine said...

Sorry, Linds, I have been out of town and not at my computer for three days. Everyone is probably glad to have a break. Cute blog, Paula. I love the jewelry. I forgot to take my new neclace to SLC with us and it would have matched the dress I took for church. Love Ya