Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!

It seems like this past week and a half have flew by. ( I guess just like the rest of 2008) We went to Utah on Christmas Eve. That night, we had a wonderful prime rib dinner at my parents house with Kim, Mike and kids, Shon, Trisha and kids Mom and Dad and us. We played games and laughed. Everyone spent the night there except me and Rex, we said we wanted to sleep in our own bed and come back in the morning. Christmas morning was fun. It is always fun when there are little ones around--Quinn and Grady. Everyone in the Kelsey family got a new set of wheels this year! Me and the girls got a set of 2 wheels (bikes) and no, I don't mean motor....we are talking sweet pedal bikes. Rex on the other hand, got 4 wheels-a tractor.
We went to New Harmony Christmas afternoon for yes another prime rib dinner. It had been snowing all day there and continued to snow the entire time we were there. It was beautiful, but getting really deep. The meal was delicious. We ate with Rex's parents, Grandma Manda, and Uncle Lee. Rex got to see his tractor in person after dinner...his dad has been storing it for me for a while.
Rex came back to Vegas on Sunday, Me and Lindsey stayed until New Years Eve. It was not much fun for Linds, she ended up getting sick with strep throat so she had to take it easy and was pretty much laid up for a few days.
We had a really nice holiday. We are so blessed. I am so grateful to have spent time with Rex and the girls this Christmas, I know that as the girls get older, those times will become fewer and fewer. We made some good memories. I hope they found a place in the back of their minds for the special times spent with family. They are the most precious times of your life.


Rex, Ted, and Uncle Lee with Rex's Tractor- a Ford 8N

Jessika on her new set of wheels!

Corbin, Jessika, Grady and Lindsey

Jessika and Grandma Manda


Lindsey, opening up her yummy jerky that Grandma B made.
Grandma C and Lindsey

Ever see anybody get so excited over a blow dryer?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pic of Jess on her bike....priceless! So good to spend a little bit of time with your family over the holiday. Love you.

Claudine said...

I love all your photos and your nice blog. It is so true that you made good memories for your girls and I'm sure that they won't forget them. Hope Linds is getting better......let's see a photo of her on her new wheels. I didn't know you got a bike. You too!!! We sure enjoyed all of you and hated to see you go. Mom

knap said...

Ok, I sure wished you lived closer to us so that we could ride bikes together, I can't seem to get Kevin to ride with me and the girls and he even has a bike....Love the pictures. Looks like you had a real nice Christmas also.Tell linds to get well.

Tootette

Vernile said...

Yes, there really is a Santa Clause! Give me his address so I can ask for a tractor!

oldcowboy said...

I love your blog Paula. Keep it up.