Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Kim


Today is my sister Kim's birthday. I thought I would share a couple of memories about her.

I remember when we lived in Hunter. Our house had a long bar in the basement, Kim would sit behind that bar with the stereo headphones on and sing to the top of her lungs. I also remember when we would play school. We had a neighbor boy who was the principal and we were teachers. That kept us occupied for hours.

Kim and I were Jr cheerleaders for a football team in Hunter and we also played on a few softball teams together. It was called bonnet ball, and one of the teams was called the Grape Apes.
When we moved to Harmony, we shared a bedroom. We first shared the room off the kitchen, then we ventured upstairs and shared a room up there. Then when we moved to Cedar, we also shared a room for a short time. We were so excited to move into that NEW house, we stayed there the first few nights alone, before the family all moved in.
After moved to New Harmony, one summer we got to take the car and go to St. George with some friends...can't remember who, but we went to the pool in Dixie. On the way home, we started messing with this trucker, trying to get him to honk and that sort of thing. Well, we got a little nervous that he was following us, so we exited at the Black Ridge exit, just to let him get a little bit ahead of us---we freaked out when he exited too. We got back on that freeway so fast and off at the Harmony exit. He did not follow us that time.

We had some fun times in Harmony with Beth and Linda Prince. We would lay out on the deck Uncle Brent had built. The whole Harmony crowd would gather and play night games at the church.

My sister has always been there for me. She has always looked out for me (even when I did not want her to). I am thankful to have her as a sister. We always talk about how nice it would be to live closer to each other. I think we are pretty fortunate to live as close as we do. I love ya sis. Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Jessika said...

Push em back! Push em back! I believe that was one of your cheers?? haha.

Claudine said...

What a nice tribute to your 43 year old sister. Isn't it funny how you always find out things that your kids have done, after years have gone by and it is too late to lecture you on the dangers of getting involved with those darn truck drivers? Glad you made it to tell about it. Your blog brought back lots of good memories. Love YA

oldcowboy said...

Your stories about Kim got me thinking about all the great Harmony days we used to have. I can't believe Kim is 43, seems to me that only yesterday she was five or six. Where has time gone? Happy Birthday Kim.

Uncle Brent

Anonymous said...

thanks for the taking me back to a wonderful time in my life, isn't it nice to be able to reflect on the good times, which we surely did have in New harmony, thnaks for being such a great sister, don't know what i would do without you, love kim

T said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kim! When I was young people would tell me that I reminded them of Kim, I always thought that it was a great compliment....Talonnie

knap said...

Happy Birthday To you Kim, I forget that you and Mike are the same age. And your Birthdays are the same Month. Have not seen you in a long time. Nice blog about your sister paula.

Nicole