Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow in the Desert

I have to admit, I am not a news watcher. I don't seek out the weather report, unless we are traveling. We cancelled our newspaper subscription about a month ago so I guess you could say I am pretty much in the dark about local and world happenings. If it does not pop up on the MSN homepage, I probably don't know about it. That said, when I left for work this AM, it looked really dreary outside. I put the sunglasses on before I left the garage, and as soon as I pulled out, I had to take them off. No sun or any sign of it even thinking about making an appearance. The radio station mentioned a "winter storm" warning. I was thinking...what are they talking about? Then they mentioned snow. Not just a chance of it-- it was definitely going to snow.

Fast forward a few hours....It did start snowing while I was at work. It actually snowed for about 3 hours. Nothing stuck, it melted as soon as it hit the ground. A few people got calls from family up on the far west side of town that it was really sticking...some of them got about 4-5 inches.

Fast forward a few more hours....After work, Rex and I had to do some running around. Out on our travels, we stopped and snapped this pic. Sort of fun. Rex threw a couple of snowballs at me. I did not retaliate, I suck at throwing snowballs. (wish Lindsey would have been there, she could have defended me..she has a killer arm)

6 comments:

Jessika said...

did gumbi take this picture?? haha. well i wish i was there to enjoy the snow in vegas. snow in cedar gets real old FAST

Claudine said...

WE'RE COMING DOWN TO GET OUT OF IT, HOPE IT MELTS FAST. CUTE BLOG AND CUTE PHOTO. MOM

Janna said...

too bad you have to experience this like the rest of us....oh wait you said it didn't stick around. Bummer.

West and Darci said...

I am so sad that I missed the LV snow. My mom took pictures of their house and yard covered in snow. My kids wanted to go to grandma's house as soon as they saw the snowy pictures.

oldcowboy said...

We had a pretty good snowstorm in St. George. The Fourth Graders were crazy yesterday during the storm.

knap said...

Hey, I guess we live on the wrong side of Town, We did not get any of that, Just Rain. But the view from here is real Pretty with the snow on the mountains.

Tootette