Friday, January 8, 2010

Success!


I have never been able to make bread. It seems like maybe that all changed when we got a wheat grinder and a bosch mixer for Christmas. Rex and I decided to make our first batch of bread...with fresh ground wheat flour. It turned out burly. (as you can see it LOOKS beautiful-and it tasted just as good as it looked).

I am so excited to know that I can make bread! This is the wheat flour, just after we ground it.

My mom got a bosch a few years ago from all us kids and Dad. She has been making bread like crazy ever since. She included her recipe with the Christmas gift.



The AMAZING little machine. Just set it and let it do its thing...it kneads the dough for 8 minutes.

My bread from days past NEVER rose like this.


Coming out of the oven.....I'm so proud, I almost cried...

NOW...I HOPE IT WAS NOT BEGINNERS LUCK!

5 comments:

Claudine said...

Looks great and I know it's not beginners luck.
Now you know. it wasn't that I'm such a great breadmaker, it's the Bosch! Looks delicious....and when it's hot it's even better, huh?

West and Darci said...

Yummmmmmyyyyy! I want some!

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Holy Bread!!! I LOVE my Bosch, and now I LOVE yours too! The Bread was delish!!! It definitely wasn't beginners luck...it is all the talent you have stored in that little pinky...not to mention some help from your good looking co-cooker....I just hope you don't turn into a bread snob!

Janna said...

WOW!!! My bread didn't look that good. I guess I need some fresh yeast. i just used what i had leftover in my freezer. You two are amazing!

Vernile said...

Wish I was there for a piece with real butter when it came out of the oven! There's not anything better.